Article written by Cinévox on 29th April 2020
On 29th April 2020, we arrived at our 42nd day of containment. A period that no one will forget. As the release of the new belgian Netflix series Into The Night arrives on 1st May, Yassine Fadel answered to the questionnaire asked by the Belgian film magazine Cinévox.
We asked Yassine Fadel what he was doing during containment …
Cinévox: Film to see?
Yassine: Those of actors I admire!
– The Hunt by Thomas Vinterberg with Mads Mikkelsen.
– A Prophet by Jacques Audiard with Tahar Rahim
– Nightcrawler by Dan Gilroy with Jake Gyllenhaal
–Locke by Steven Knight with Tom Hardy
– Dallas Buyers Club by Jean-Marc Vallée with Matthew McConaughey
– Day Dog Afternoon by Sidney Lumet with Al Pacino.
Cinévox: Books to read ?
Yassine: Right now, I have a lot of things to catch up with the containment, so I spend most of my time reading not books but scripts. Many scriptwriters and directors and friends of mine call me to help them in the development of their projects in which I am also involved as actor and it is a real pleasure to be in a project from its birth and it’s also rewarding to be called so early in the process.
Cinévox: Series to Binge-watch?
Yassine: Without any hesitation:
– Into the night , our first original Belgian series, I am proud to have been able to contribute to this project!
– Hannibal, I’ve enjoyed seeing it again with my wife, who had just discovered the series, especially the duo formed by Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy.
– The other duo that really impressed me was Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in season 1 of True Detective.
– Finally, Homeland, although unfortunately the series just ended last week.
Cinévox: Podcast to listen to?
Yassine: Cinécure on RCF with my friend Charles Declercq who was kind enough to invite me twice to his program for the short film State of Emergency Motherfucker by Sébastien Petretti and the feature film Isola by Fabianny Deschamps.
Cinévox: Video games ?
Yassine: I would say without hesitation Warzone: Call of Duty.
I think that if this video game did not exist, many youngsters would have freaked out with the containment, I gladly meet my friends there in order to pass our frustration on a game playful, realistic and above all which requires group cohesion to reach the summit. It reminds me the film sets … A memory that seems already very far away !
Cinévox: The ultimate remedy to speed up the containment?
Yassine: Pray for those who have left us and hope that the government will work to make our culture come out even more fulfilled, a utopian dream I assume … In any case, a big thought for all those affected by this crisis in our sector .